Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Jay Buddies

I call them my buddies, because I've had a relationship
with this pair of Stellar's Jays for quite a while now. 
I don't know how it got to be, or when it was exactly
that they started training me.


They come most days,  & watch for me. 
If I let the dog out, or if I'm outside.
They come to ask for peanuts, and have
become quite tame. If I'm sitting outside
sometimes they just hang out with me for awhile.


If I'm not outside, they'll sit on the roof beside
the kitchen window (above)   watching for any
movement inside. 

 

I throw them peanuts out the window, & feed them sunflower seeds.
They like the suet too,  in the winter. 
I've really grown to love them, and look forward to their visits everyday.
When I don't see them, I worry about them. 
They are such a beautiful pair of birds, devoted to each other,
my backyard buddies.....


No comments:

Post a Comment