Monday, August 20, 2012




I went for a wonderful walk in Fort Langley, with my husband yesterday afternoon.
I had a great time visiting my favourite antique store, & many other shops.
I bought some adorable clothes for my new grandaughter at a consignment
store, a mug that's my favourite shade of lavender, and some Egyptian
chammomile tea to go with it. (I'm hoping to motivate myself to
switch from drinking so much coffee, to becoming a tea totaller)



I found  this  rose in a planter, outside one of the stores.
  Someone had placed it in there, it's stem broken off, it was doomed, and fading.....the outer petals had turned light brown, but the inner petals were the most beautiful shade of pink, a wonderful contrast with the brown.
I had to bring the sad rose home, to take a picture of it, and immortalize it in some way,
as compensation for it's sad plight, & as a memory for our wonderful Sunday afternoon.

The faded rose, on my weathered picnic table, along with the letter from 1814 go well
together,  I think.... along with my nostalgic feelings from looking at all the old things
from days gone by, in the antique store.....it is the perfect composition for this day.



Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened.
-Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment